Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's celebration dinner

So last night we headed over to our church for their Loving Hearts Banquet.  It was phenomenal.  So much fun and great food.  In fact, it was the first full meal I have had since getting sick.  Elizabeth ate really well, devouring her green beans, apples, dressing, and even the pork loin. Though everyone was surprised that Elizabeth didn't like potatoes.  I don't know what it is, but I have the ONLY child in the world that doesn't like potatoes.  Not fried, mashed, or baked.  The only fry she will ever eat is from Pal's and even that doesn't happen all the time.  The only problem I have with this is every kid's meal comes with fries...I mean they never consider that some kids will eat more than just fries.  It's like they want kids to be picky.  Anyway, that's a whole other story.

Back to the banquet.  Like I said, it was so much fun.  In addition to a great meal and fellowship with our fellow church members, we also were entertained.  People sang, did some comedy, and they gave out prizes too.  All of the kids got little chocolate candies to take home and some coupons to some local restaurants.  Elizabeth was so excited when they called her name to get her chocolates.  She raced up to the front and almost ran off without all of her prize. It was super cute.  I have to say, I can't say enough about how much I love our new church.  Everyone is so kind and loving, it really displays what God is...LOVE!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...