Saturday, February 5, 2011

Kate vs. the Sewing Machine

So yesterday and today, I had a rematch with my archnemesis the sewing machine.  Only this time, I won!  I've not only gotten better, but I'm learning why my sewing machine was having troubles.  Most of its troubles are because it's a little tempermental, but considering it is over 30 years old I'll let it have some attitude.  Though if it gets anymore, I'm showing it pictures of its replacement to be.


Acting like a perfect angel at the moment...

Anyway, I managed to finish the valances for our bedroom and all but one window in our den/office.  I've got to get one more yard of fabric to finish the last valance in the den, so that's why I'm not done.  Tomorrow I'm hopeful that I will start and finish the drapes in our bedroom too.  After that all I will have left is the hem on the lace curtain for the bath, hemming a decorative panel, fixing my living room curtains, and dresses for my girls!!  I'm most excited about the dresses, but I need to finish the curtains first.  When baby arrives, I'd like the house to look complete...

Finished valance for the Den/Office.  Simple I know, but I have four windows in this room, one of which is a HUGE picture window...with that amount of coverage I think valances are better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...