Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hospital

So what have we been doing this past two days?  Only seeing the hospital for the third time with this pregnancy.  UGH!!

I finally caught the virus both Mark and Elizabeth had...only I couldn't keep down water or gatorade.  When that happened I knew I had to call the doctor.  Since I'm so far along and this type of thing can cause labor to develop they immediately sent me on to the hospital.  All I can say, is I'm tired of going to the hospital.  But I am glad I went.  They gave me a lot of anti-nausea meds and two bags of fluids.  That helped a lot.  When we first went in they were worried about baby girl as she was very sluggish and it wasn't until I had finished the first full bag of saline before she perked up.  After that, the nurses seemed much happier.

We went in about 9:30 pm on Thursday night and were discharged the next day at 10:30 am.  Needless to say, we didn't sleep a lot.  I felt so bad on Thursday having to call mom and then pack up Elizabeth to go over to Grammy's and Pop's house.  She was so disorientated when we woke her up.  But all in all, I guess it was for the best. After we were discharged, I went over to mom's so Mark could go back to work.  I slept almost the whole day.  I think a combination of sleep deprivation and medicine caused me to be that tired.  But I managed some liquids and a little bit of food.  In fact, I haven't thrown up since leaving the hospital, but I'm taking it slow and trying not to push it.

Hopefully, the next time we visit the hospital, it will be because it's time to have this baby.  So sick people stay away!  I'm tired of catching this stuff and even more so, going to the hospital for it. I think I may coat myself in sanitizer, either that or make myself a bubble to walk around in.

But biggest moral of this story: It's time to pack those hospital bags, including a bag for Elizabeth in case we have to leave suddenly.  That really would have helped.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...