Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Proud Mommy Moment

I'm going to brag. 

I just thought I would warn you, in case you find it distasteful.  That way you can skip this post if you like...but I'm so going to brag.

My daughter is super smart.  I'm not the only one who thinks so either, just ask her doctor.

We went for her three year old appointment.  While she is on the small side- 10% weight, 50% height- she is amazing in everything else. 

She answered all of the doctor's questions.  Never batted an eye in protest to being examined, even did the Wildcat cheer (our dr is a UK grad too).

She's super healthy, and the doctor is happy with her eating habits too.  The best part, her doctor said "Well, it's obvious she's got an advanced vocabulary".

I thought I would burst with pride and then it got better.

She had to do blood work and give urine.  I was nervous...and thought Elizabeth would wail from blood and not cooperate with the urine.  It took us two minutes to give urine.  YAY!  Then the blood. 

Elizabeth jumped right up into the seat.  She talked with the guy and even picked out her band aid.  When he pricked her finger, she just stared at him and the blood.  She was fascinated.  She never cried.  Not once. 

I was so proud again!  She's turning into such a big girl and that's when I realized- I'm not so sure I like this turning three business because it means she's growing up and I'm just not ready for that.

But I guess I better get ready, because before I know it, she'll be the one accepting patients and telling me to enjoy my retirement. Yikes!

4 comments:

Amie said...

I'm already looking forward to retirement!!! :) You should brag! You have one darling little Baby Girl!!! I don’t know about the vocabulary... all I heard her say to Brandon is "You're so craaaaaazzzzy!!!!!!" and massive giggles! Here's to hoping that boy craziness wears off. ;)

Brandy@YDK said...

that's awesome that she's such a smartie!!! brag away.

Connie Weiss said...

THat is awesome! Girls are naturally so smart!

Nichole said...

That is awesome! Think that Anderson can come there for a while and get caught up!?! (Joking....mostly.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...