Friday, March 25, 2011
Losing the baby weight- Week 2
It's that time again. Time to think about how I did this week. I have to admit I don't feel real good about it either. Here's why:
1. I had some indulgences- mainly I ate a bunch of chips one night as a snack and they were delicious. Food shouldn't be that yummy. :( I also had a hamburger one day from a fast food restaurant, but I did it because we were on our way to the park, and I didn't pack a picnic like I should have.
2. I fell prey to my greatest weakness- SODA. Yes, this should fall under indulgences, but I'm giving it's own category as it is my new nemesis. Now I will say I was better this week, I have cut my consumption way down, but I still had some.
3. I still have not started strict exercise routine. I know strict sounds harsh, but I do want to have something I do regularly every week. I know that will help a lot.
However, I have made some improvements.
1. I cut my soda consumption down. I call this win-lose. Less is better, but none would be even better.
2. I have started taking the girls out on walks whenever it is nice enough. We did it three days in a row and then it stormed like crazy. I'm serious, hail and everything. Pushing that double stroller with two kids is tough, particularly up hills. I go the length of our street and down to llama's paddock. Then we go back. My oldest daughter loves it. So we end up making multiple trips = more calories burned.
3. I have cut down on my snacking. Except for two nights, I was a good girl.
4. I have kept us at home eating for dinner...better than out to eat, and I tend to eat smaller portions at home.
5. I have finally weighed myself and yes, the little mii on my wii was sad. One day I vow to make her happy. Anyway, next week, I'll be able to tell if I have lost or gained. However, I will say I'm not brave enough to post my weight. I know, I'm totally chickening out, but I'm just not prepared for anyone to know that about me just yet.
So next week I'll have some numbers for you and until then head over to Brandy's page at You Don't Know to check out her progress. She's doing really well, which makes me want to put down the potato chip bag. No really, I'm super impressed with her progress and you should be too. So send her some love because it's a nice thing to do. ;)