Saturday, March 26, 2011

BBN

Wondering what BBN is?  Well, if you are from KY you'd already know.

Hint #1

Now, technically I'm not from KY.  I grew up in east TN and spent the rest of my time in southwestern VA & western NC where my parents are from.  I did have relatives in eastern KY (and still do), but I didn't spend a lot of time there.

Hint #2

No, I became an adoptee of KY right after I got married and left for Lexington.  It's a special place for Mark and I, as we have spent 5 out of our 8 years together there, as well as, having our first daughter there too.

Hint #3


So why did we move to KY? BBN of course!

Hint #4

Have you figured it out yet? Have my hints helped at all?  Ok, so I'm not so subtle and you all are smart.  I'm sure you've figured out that I'm talking about Big Blue Nation.  That's right, we've got a whole nation of avid University of KY Wildcat fans!! (oh and I'm one)

You all probably heard me last night all the way from East TN.  I was jumping up and down screaming.  Don't worry, it was a good thing.  Yes, my UK Wildcats just beat the #1 overall seed Ohio State last night in a nail biter of a game.  I was super worried, but oh so happy!!  We're headed to the Elite Eight and a rematch against UNC (who surprisingly I actually work for as a postdoc).  It happens tomorrow night, and I'm super excited.  Why so excited?

Elizabeth and I on graduation day!

Because I'm an Alumni of course!!

Graduation day with the family.

That's right, I spent 5 years at UK working on my master's and then PhD.  Spending that long in any place really builds the loyalty.  It also doesn't hurt to have the best basketball legacy in the nation either.  Think I'm just being obnoxious...well, I am a little, but that's because UK has the most wins of any team in the nation.  We're also second in NCAA title wins, have the most SEC titles, and in general we just rock.  Can you tell I love them yet?

Pregnant with Elizabeth about the head to the game.

I'm raising my girls as Wildcats too.  We're hoping for two point guards as we're not very tall women. ;)

C-A-T-S, CATS, CATS, CATS!!  Let's go BBN!!

1 comment:

Brandy@YDK said...

super cute. what did you go to school for?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...