Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Adventures in Diapering

So since I'm now a WAHM (work at home mommy), I thought with Poppy Seed I might try cloth diapering.  Now I wanted to do this with Elizabeth, but 1) I didn't think I could keep up with the wash being a full time lab worker bee, 2) Our daycare would not have them.  Call me a hippy mom, but I really think it will be better for baby and even better for our wallets.  The biggest savings, I'm hoping to make them rather than buy.  So it's time to fire up the sewing machine and get cracking.  However, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to systems etc. that may have worked better for them over another.  I've heard good things about the pocket systems and of course, there are the old standbys.  If you have a suggestion leave a comment below.  Also if you have extra absorbent fabric lying around let me know.  I can use a lot of old towels etc. to make inserts for the diapers.  I'll keep you all updated to how it goes. 

1 comment:

Amie said...

Check Etsy.com. You might find something to compare to... A source of inspiration! I've seen people on there who sell hand made... "Unmentionables" for adults... women unmentionables....
~amie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...