Friday, February 24, 2012

Faithful Friday

In 1 Thessalonians, Paul tells us to "pray continually". It's from this continual prayer that we begin to grow and rely on God.

It's what I've been striving for these first few days of Lent.

I've found that at the end of my day, I can have a long personal talk with my Lord...but in the morning I stumble. The words don't come.

Instead my head is filled with the to do lists of the day. It's frustrating and doesn't put a good start to my day.

So today, I started praying the Divine Hours with the help of an online site.

I can't express how beautiful it is...

How it removes my morning block, finding the right words to address our Lord and Savior.

I also love the constant prayer of the hours. Reminding us that only through constant reliance on God, can we truly grow in our walk of faith.

What a wonderful reminder and beautiful tradition!

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. -Ephesians 6:18

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...