Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ash Wednesday 2012

Today marks the first day of Lent. Many of us may or may not attend a service and then will wait for Easter. That will be the extent of our lent season. At least that's what I've always done in the past.

But not so this year.

This year I am committing to 40 days of growing closer to Christ.

If you know me, you know I have a busy schedule. I always have something else to do besides my prayers or bible study.

The excuses keep pilling up.

It's time for the excuses to stop. It's time for a commitment. So this year, I plan to open and end my days in prayer.

I will pray from my heart and soul, exposing my all to God.

I will pray from the Book of Common Prayers when my own words fail me.

I will pray for my enemies, so my love may grow.

I will pray praises to God, for He is always good!

In short, my Lent will focus on personal prayer. I may have to get up early or steal a few moments from my schedule...in fact, that last load of laundry will have to wait.

But my reward is a closer relationship to my Lord...and nothing is more wonderful.

"Christians pray as they feel; and in prayer they feel themselves in the presence of God, the Hearer of prayer, and the Searcher of hearts."

-The Prayer Meeting and Its History, J. B. Johnston

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...