Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday

Last week was one of those "I'm so busy this week, I can't even think" type week.  So I didn't get to write up or publish my thoughts from BSF.

However, I think it is a good thing.  Because last week I had a much needed break, in more ways than one.

Let me explain...


Every so often they ask each class if they are willing to help with the children's program.  I, of course, was interested to see what the girls were doing while I was in discussion.  So secretly I hoped that I would get assigned to one of their rooms.

Lucky me, I got to be with the infants.  Two other ladies from my group and the two teachers were there.  Counting Evie, we each had a baby to ourselves.  

While I did play with more babies than just Evie, it was still so much fun to play with her one on one.  She listened to the story they told (with big pictures of the scene they were describing) and then shook maracas to Jesus Loves Me.  

The whole time her little face was lit up with excitement.  

In those moments, I was able to relax and enjoy myself.  No worries, about all the things I needed to do...just me, my baby, and my God.  

Probably one of the best moments of my life.  

To top it off, I got to enjoy fellowship with four other wonderful ladies.  How rewarding to share our experiences as moms and Christians.  We talked about silly things, work, sadness, and triumph.  I know I have made some great friends for the future.

The morning culminated with rocking Evie to sleep and just holding her while she napped.  What a joy!  

That day reminded me of so much I had forgotten in my rush to get my work done:

to enjoy my kids, because it goes much to quickly,

to set aside time for just me, them, and God, 

because our relationship with God is what really matters and I am so grateful to Him for everything,

but especially for my miracle babies!

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!- Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...