Monday, November 14, 2011

Mom Monday

I was evangelized this weekend.

Don't know what I mean? The dictionary gives two great definitions:

1. Convert or seek to convert (someone) to Christianity.
2. Preach the Christian gospel.

I bet you are wondering what happened.  I mean, my faith hasn't been hidden on this blog, so who on earth would try to convert me or preach at me?  Plus why is this on Mom Monday?

I'll explain.

When we came home from church yesterday I started on lunch.  While I was getting drinks for everyone, Elizabeth turned around in her chair and started talking to me from the dining room.

"Mommy, I want to tell you the truth."

Oh no, I thought.  She's destroyed something. 

Ack!  I just got out a bunch of Christmas boxes...she's been into them...it's probably my Jim Shore angel. 

Oh no no no...please not my angel.

"You see mommy, the word is the truth and it comes from God.  When the star came, a little baby was born named Jesus and he's God."

"Wait...what?!?"

"Mommy, I just want to tell you the truth...about Jesus the baby."

My head stops reeling and I finally grasped that my little girl is starting to understand our basic theology at THREE! 

"Aw, thank you baby.  You know that is why we celebrate Christmas...it's baby Jesus' birthday"

"I know."

Of course you do, my little theologian.

From a super proud mommy:  Good Job, Elizabeth!

2 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

what a proud moment.

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Oh, so cute!!! Sometimes the little ones are the most profound. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...