Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It's Ok, Wednesday

So I totally stole borrowed this idea from Amber, who got the idea from Glamour magazine. They had a section called Hey, It’s Okay and listed a bunch of things to be okay about. I'm joining in, even though it's not Tuesday, because it's ok!

It's ok...

-that my husband things I'm crazy, because I did totally hear our 8 month old say "hey, kitty, kitty".

I'm mean it wasn't clear like that, but she did say it, even if I haven't heard it again.  I swear!

It's ok...

-to be totally uncool with the whole new Duggar baby.  I'll be honest, I would never tell anyone that they can't have whatever number of kids they want, I mean it's none of my business.

But come on...whose really raising those kids??  It's the older ones!  They even admit they couldn't do it without the help of their older ones.  If that is the case, I see an issue.

Plus after so many pregnancies, risk to mommy and babies go up.  That would terrify me, especially given what happened the last time to them.  But then again, not my business...

It's ok...

-to have gotten out my Christmas stuff early.  Yes, I know I'm crazy!  It's not even Thanksgiving, but truth be told I have a LOT of stuff to put out. It takes time...more time than I have for one weekend.

So I'm spreading it out, especially since the next few weeks we are celebrating/traveling each weekend.  Yikes!

Oh and we are totally saving the Christmas tree until after Thanksgiving.  I do have some standards. ;)

It's ok...

-that I'm totally out of the loop when it comes to most tv shows  and entertainment news.  We don't have cable.

I know, your crazy bells are ringing again.  I mean, Christmas early and now no cable...

But in truth we like it that way.  We watch a lot of netflix (I don't live under a rock yet) and hulu.

The only show I really love right now, Parks and Rec.  It makes me sad that it doesn't have a lot of viewers...it's hilarious!

It's ok...

- that I let Elizabeth watch the Nightmare before Christmas.  Yes, it's scary for kids...but she LOVES it.

Plus before you start thinking I'm a horrible mom, she can say Shakespearean perfectly because of it and she's three!

It's ok...

-to be striving to eat better and live greener (in other words, more granola), but still love a Coke.

Sorry folks, I may eat pastured eggs, local grass fed beef, free range local chicken, local or homegrown produce, make my own bread, laundry detergent, & baby food...but I want a good coke every now and again.

They can over process it all they want...it's still delicious and one habit I have yet to break. ;)

3 comments:

Nichole said...

I really is OKAY! :o) Cute post!

AiringMyLaundry said...

At least you try to eat some healthy things. I really don't bother.

Stacy Makes Cents said...

I would have to disagree with you on the Duggar point. :-) I've read all their books and read Michelle's blog - they follow God 100%. And do you really think our God isn't big enough to say "No more Michelle." Because I've been around the block long enough to know that if God doesn't want you to have children, there isn't anything you can do about it. And on the flip side - if he wants you pregnant - you'll be pregnant.
Too many kids these days are spoiled rotten because they have no responsibility. Then they fail when they have to be out on their own. I think it's great to teach kids responsibility at an early age. And it's very obvious that those children LOVE their siblings.

So, now I'm off my soapbox. I just have a hard time when other Christians are critical of their brothers and sisters. :-)

You can hit me now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...