Friday, October 14, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday

I've joined a local BSF group, and I'm learning so much about my God and faith.  I thought I would share a few nuggets of wisdom that I receive each week.  Not the whole thing, mind you, just something that struck me as a wonderful thought or truth.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and hopefully I will represent the organization well.  Here goes:

In Acts 8, the apostles John and Peter arrive in Samaria.  They begin to pray for the Holy Spirit to come upon the Samaritans, who had been converted and baptized by Philip.  Peter and John then begin to lay hands upon the Samaritans and the Holy Spirit is then received by the group.

You may be wondering why I'm writing about this particular passage.  Upon first examination it may not seem very interesting.  However, it has powerful implications.

When the Holy Spirit comes upon them, a validation of the Samaritan's faith occurs.  Suddenly, the early church is not limited to any one group.  In fact, the church is taking in a group of people who were considered "the worst".

Because there is no separate church for those that we feel don't belong.

For God does not discriminate,

together we are all brothers and sisters in Christ.

No matter you denomination or creed,

the gospel is for everyone.

And I for one, am so happy that it is...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...