Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Teaching

So two weeks ago, I started teaching again.

It's been about a year since I have taught and believe me, I had forgotten how needy students can be...

Don't get me wrong.  I'm used to needy, I have a 6 month old and a 3 year old.  But at 18+, you tend to expect a little more independence.

Overall it seems to be going well.  My neuroscience students have gone from sheer panic to a comfortable nervousness, which I think is good for them.  I mean, it's not suppose to be an easy subject...

The good parts are when I see glimmers of life among the glazed over expression I usually get.  However, that's usually when I talk about drugs...

But how can I judge, that's what always what caught my attention as a student too.

C'est la vie!


3 comments:

Amber said...

Funny, my BFF who was a psych major was all into the drug thing too, I don't get it, hah.

I would imagine teaching college students to be a pretty fun gig for the most part. I'm sure you get some great discussions!

Brandy@YDK said...

sounds like it's going well.

AiringMyLaundry said...

I'm always surprised when adults act needy. I remember in college that I was baffled when people my age could barely spell.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...