Thursday, March 29, 2012

Comforting Peace

Today we lost a dear member of our family, Mark's Uncle Charlie. A decorated war veteran, who battled cancer these past four years, Charlie was a inspiration in both life and death.  He will be greatly missed, but we take comfort in the fact that his struggle is over, and he is now in God's hands. 

So during this time of sorrow we turn to God and find peace. Because Jesus gave us all...

“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid." -John 14:27

Even though we feel the weight of sorrow, we turn to God and find strength...

'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' -Isaiah 41:10

In our tears, we turn to God and find refuge....

 God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change, And though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; -Psalm 46:1-2

And through Him, we will find joy again...for God is good, all the time.

We will miss you Charlie!
  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...