Friday, January 18, 2013

Catching up- thanksgiving

Every year we have Thanksgiving at Mark's family home. When his grandmother passed a couple of years ago, it's fallen to his mom to cook most of the food. So I do my best to help as much as I can.

This year we had thanksgiving the night before, as several of his family members had to work the following day. It was a bit strange not eating together the day of, but we still had a good meal.

To help out I made: the dressing, pea salad, mashed potatoes, green beans, sour dough bread, gravy, ham, Mac and cheese, pumpkin roll, pecan pie, and sugar cookies.

I even made a few special cookies for the kids.


We didn't shop the day after, opting to get ready and head home. I'm glad we did as we were able to settle and go to church.

All in all, a pretty good holiday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...