Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Wedding Survey

So I'm totally copying a friend who did this earlier in the year (see her blog here), in honor of our seven years together.  Here goes!


1. When did you get married? ~August 7th, 2004

2. What day of the week was it? ~Saturday


3. Was this your first marriage? ~Yes


4. How many guests were invited to your wedding? ~About 150 (not that many people came, we just have lots of family)


5. How long were you and your significant other together before getting married? ~3 years


6. How did you meet your significant other? ~We met at a college party.  It was at his house and his roommate was throwing the party.  I was friends with his roommate because we were both psychology majors.


7. How did your engagement happen? ~So I totally ruined his grand plan.  He had hoped to take me out to a nice dinner at my favorite Italian Restaurant.  But that particular day was my final for Genetics.  It was an oral final and very stressful.  So after the final I headed home and waited for him to call me, only I forgot my cell phone was on silent.  Thinking we weren't going out, I put on my relaxing clothes and laid down.  Later on I checked my phone, I had a LOT of missed phone calls.  Anyway, he ended up convincing me to go back out, but I would only go to our local brew pub, The Sophisticated Otter.  After burgers we left and on the way to the car he called my name.  I whirled around and he snapped my picture.  Then got down on one knee.  The reason for the photo, hopefully, he said it would be my last photo as a single woman.

8. How long was the engagement? ~8 months

9. Did he ask the parents? ~Yes
, my dad famously said, "I don't have a dog in this fight".  My mom, on the other hand, had quite a few questions for him.

10. Was the ring a surprise? ~Yes, I never had seen it.  He picked it out based on things I had said about friend's rings.  It is gorgeous.  A simple solitaire, round, with a strong setting.  Exactly what I wanted.


11. Where was your wedding ceremony and/or reception? ~Kingsley United Methodist Church (Reverend Ray Amos married us) with a reception at the Allandale Mansion.

12. What were your wedding colors? ~
I guess you would call it a Periwinkle blue, but it had more lavender in it than traditional periwinkles. We had white flowers to complement and touches of pink around.

13. Did your father walk you down the aisle? ~Yes, to Canon in D.


14. What was the weather like on your big day? ~Fantastic, especially considering it was August.  It was in the mid-70's and the sun was out.

15. Where did you go for pictures? ~Outside and inside the church.  More in and outside of the mansion.

16. Did either of you get drunk? ~No, we didn't have alcohol.

17. What type of wedding gown/tux did you two wear? ~ I wore a white princess cut gown, and Mark wore a Tuxedo with a tie.


18. What was your wedding song? ~ No song.  We didn't dance.


19. What was your wedding favor/gift? ~ Personalized Hershey chocolate bars.  My bridesmaid, Kari and I painstakingly wrapped each one.


20. Did you smash the cake in the face? ~ No, I would have hurt him if we did. ;)
 
21. Wedding night? ~We had a bed and breakfast booked in Abingdon, VA.  We went to a local festival, watched a play at the Barter Theatre, and just enjoyed the town.  After the weekend was over, we got my stuff at my parents and moved to Kentucky.


22. Favorite part of your wedding day? ~ The reception and then after.  I loved seeing everyone after the service was over and then getting to finally relax.  We had been pretty stressed up to that point.  It made our honeymoon much better.


23. Least favorite part? ~ Right before the service, I was a nervous wreck.
There were things I couldn't find, I couldn't get a hold of my mom, and I was worried about my hair.  My mom almost drugged me.  I wouldn't have blamed her.  Afterwards though, I relaxed and we had a lot of fun.

24. Would you do it all again? ~Yes.

25. Where did you go on your honeymoon? ~ Abingdon, VA


26. How long have you been married? ~ 7 years

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love hearing about weddings -- and I love that you had an alcohol-free reception :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...