Friday, August 20, 2010

Moving

So it took us several weeks to pack up, but we did it.  Big thanks to our parents!  They worked so hard, and we couldn't have done it without them.  So I had to work up until the day before our move, and Mark got lucky and was able to take off part of the week. Mom, Dad, and Mark's mom helped up load up the truck, and we were off.  I only wish the rest of I74 and I81 knew that we were ready to get home.  Our 4.5 hour trip turned into a 6-7 hour disaster.  We never found out what caused the traffic delays, but thanks to my wonderful iPhone, myself, mom, and Mrs. Crow were able to catch up to Dad and Mark, who were about an 1hr ahead of us, using back roads.  It was a beautiful drive even though it took forever.  We got there and the guys got the truck unloaded.  Elizabeth was so happy to be out of the car.  But can you blame her?  6+ hours in the car with one movie!! Somehow the dvds got packed up before I could pull some movies to watch for her.  So she watch Snow White...a LOT.

We've settled into Mom and Dad's well.  Still sorting through a few things, but Elizabeth is LOVING her new room.  She's never been on the same floor as us and to top it off all of her favorite toys are all together.  She hasn't asked once to go back to the old Durham home. 

Right after we moved, I had to turn around and go back to Chapel Hill though.  It was a nice visit with the lab, but not fun to turn around and come back.  Needless to say I was tired of being in a car.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...