Monday, August 27, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Hi all!

It's been awhile because of all the craziness that hit us all at once. So today instead of my usual mom post, I'm just going to catch you up on our lives. 

First thank you all for the prayers for both my mom's surgery and with the passing of my uncle. They are very much appreciated. 

My mom ended up having emergency gallbladder surgery.  Originally the doctor thought she had a gallstone that was stuck, instead her gallbladder had developed gangrene and was about to rupture.  So these past few weeks she's been recovering.  The great news is she is doing wonderfully!

Awhile back I asked you all to pray for me as well. Those prayers were also appreciated, as I'm happy to announce that I'm heading back to work.  I'm officially a Assistant Professor of Psychology at one of our local private colleges.

 The absolute great news, is that they are working with this mommy and giving me a flexible schedule.  I'll be doing a lot of work from home, and since they are on a block schedule I'll have whole months when I won't be teaching. A great deal!!

However, with this added job, I'm going to have to change my schedule a bit. During my teaching months, I may be blogging less and less.  So instead of having a formula of doing something each day or so, I'm just going to blog when I can and about whatever is going on in our lives. No planned posts, just fun to share with our friends and family. 

First day of Preschool

Finally, the girls are doing pretty good.  Elizabeth started preschool and is loving it!  She's my little smartie pants, and according to her teacher she has been spending a lot of time in the science center, just like her mommy. She's gotten better at writing her name and comes home singing most days. She's also started ballet and had her first lesson last week.  She was adorable in her little dress and of course she loved dancing.

First Position!

Evie is loving having time with just mommy on Elizabeth's preschool days.  On those days, we go to Kindermusik and Storytime at the library.  However, we've been battling another round of diaper rash.  We thought eliminating citrus solved the problem, however, it is back.  We went to the dr today and have been advised to eliminate dairy for a few days.  After she gets a little better, we can add back cheese, but are to wait on milk.

Doughnut Date on Preschool Day

I'm getting ready for class on my off hours and trying to justify my hours spent on pinterest.  I challenged myself to complete at least one pin on pinterest a day.  Today was my first day, and I did five total!! Here's my five:

1. Mini Frittatas for breakfast
2. Homemade granola bars for the girls' snack
3. Paint your own toast for breakfast
4. Wash your dishwasher
5. Moondough

I'm hoping to log some each day on the blog.  We'll see how it goes.

Well, I suppose I've bored you all enough, hope your week is wonderful!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...