Monday, September 20, 2010

Concerts aplenty.

So way back in NC, Mark and I got excited about being near family.  A little too excited...and ended up buying tickets to four concerts in about a month and a half time.  I know, what were we thinking??  But I have to say even though I wish the concerts had been more spread out, we both really enjoyed them.  First was The Black Keys, they were FANTASTIC!  Better live than any other band I've heard.  I'd go back and see them anytime they came around.  Following The Black Keys, we saw Justin Townes Earle and Doc Watson.  AMAZING!  I wish I had an ounce of either one of their talents.  It was a show for NPR Mountain Stage and will be available for podcast download this October.  Next was She and Him.  You might know the She as Zooey Deschanel.  They were good, but their fans were carbon copies of the band.  A little too much cutesy hipster in one room for me.  The final concert was one of the best.  The Black Crowes..three and a half hours of them.  There wasn't a song that they didn't sing that I wish they had.  They really blew me out of the water.  For each concert, except Doc Watson, Mark and I were able to go with great friends which made the experience that much better.  However, I don't think we ever want to travel that much in that short of a time span ever again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...